Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Three's A Crowd

For my final animation for my course, I've decided to focus on some older characters of mine - Tlun, a large yeti-like creature who popped up briefly in my Tiny Planet animation; Zombie, a seemingly undead lizard/puppy of sorts who's one of my oldest characters (he's about 7-8 years old); and Biscuit, a strange dog/beaver/reptile monster thing who acts as Zombie’s mother and who also starred in my onomatopoeia animation. Zombie seems to have become a mascot of sorts for me, so it's about time I included him in an animation. :P

The basic premise is that Tlun usually spends his days looking after an abandoned village deep in the mountains. Aside from the occasional lost traveler, it’s generally pretty quiet work… until Zombie finds his way in and Tlun has to try to get the pup out. Biscuit… doesn’t quite approve of his methods.

Here are some really quick little background ideas (not terribly great considering backgrounds aren't really my forte). I tried to make it look like there was a tiny village in the first picture, but… it kind of just looks like Tlun’s toilet. Hm.

I used a ref for the second picture, which is why it looks more three dimensional and not as flat. I got Tlun’s old rig and shrunk it down to see how it’d stand out against a background like that, and he seems to stand out against it okay.

This was one I did for my storyboard/animatic, and I'm happier with it than I am with my previous two backgrounds.

These are mostly just tests for now - I’m still not entirely sure how the background is going to look, or how the village will look. Hopefully I’ll be able to get a 2nd/1st year to help me who’s better with backgrounds than I am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment