Saturday, April 02, 2011

Robot Rock

Here are a couple of concept designs I came up with for my future robot sculpture. We were allowed to do pretty much whatever we wanted within reason, although my tutor suggested working with silhouettes and offered a box full of pieces of card cut into different shapes. I took a handful and dumped them on to the desk so they'd make some sort of silhouette and drew a few of them, then came up with designs based on them.



This was the first one. Obviously this would require far too much clay for me to be able to sculpt it, so I abandoned that idea, though I'm rather fond of it.



The second one. I really don't know what I was going for with this one and just kinda got silly with it halfway through because there was no way I was going to be able to sculpt that. It looks like some sort of demon chicken robot or something.



The third one, and the one I eventually ended up deciding on. The look on the far right is the one I'm going to be sculpting, which will be nice and easy to do as the little guy's so skinny.

0 comments:

Post a Comment