Tuesday, November 06, 2012

FLIP Animation Festival

This past weekend, I went to FLIP in Wolverhampton to do some volunteer work. I wasn't able to stick around for too long (my shift was 8 am - 11:30 am and I'd booked my train back for 1 pm), but it was still a great experience.

I was helping out with the Aardman workshop, where Jim Parkyn was showing people how to make a clay model of Gromit. A few of the other volunteers and I worked on some of our own as well, to help get the interest of the public and help out the people who were taking part.

So basically, I was making a Gromit model from scratch for 2 hours. :P

I also got to have a talk with Jim and other people who are studying/working in animation, and overall it was a pretty fun day.

These are some pictures I took of the progress of my Gromit model. I had a bit of a mishap in that he looked fine from the front, but when you looked at him from a higher angle, he suddenly started looking rather anxious.

As seen in this line-up of some of the finished Gromits. It didn't help that mine was right after Jim's considerably more professional looking one, but ah well.

To finish this post off, here's the quick, unfinished demonstration Gromit that Jim made while he was running through the procedure with us. :>

0 comments:

Post a Comment